Monday, September 26, 2011

I am grateful that I was able to speak in Young Women's.

I spoke on finding joy now! I love that topic. I spoke about four different areas.

First, to be grateful.

Second, to forgive and laugh.  I shared the experience of when my oldest son, when he was two years old, threw a huge pot of dirt on my mom's living room floor, and instead of getting mad, she laughed and had me run and get the camera.

Third, to forgive yourself and remember that the Savior atoned for our sins and sorrows.  I told the story of how I was too busy to listen to the spirit which whispered to me softly not to leave a hot iron to answer the phone. My oldest son will forever carry the scars of my lapse of judgement when the hot iron fell squarely on the top of his left hand. I have learned from that experience that we all make mistakes and the Lord knew we would, and that is why we need the atonement.

Fourth, not to compare ourselves to others.

It was a great experience, and the Young Women seemed to really appreciate my comments. The spirit was very strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment