Monday, December 19, 2011

I am grateful for one on one time with the kids.

My husband and I, several years ago, worked out a rotating schedule so that each child goes on a "date" with me or my husband every couple of weeks.  Last week my little girl and I went to IHOP together while my husband and my second oldest son went to KFC. 

This hasn't been an easy tradition to work into our already crazy Saturdays, but it is an essential tradition.  I cherish these moments to attentively focus and listen to each individual child's concerns and interests.  At the end of each "date" (my kids hate it when I call it that), I tell them how much I love them, and how grateful I am to have them in my home.  I ask them if there is anything I can do to help them, and if there is anything we should be doing differently as a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment