Friday, July 13, 2012

I am grateful for the prayer in my heart.

How I want to be with my Heavenly Father again!  How I want to run up to Him and put my arms around Him and weep.  I want to tell Him how I served Him, that I struggled at times and was not as valiant as I should have been, but how I really tried and that I never forgot how I dearly wanted to be with Him again. 

The words of Alma ring in my ears, "Oh, that I were an angel and could have one wish of my heart, to cry repentance unto every people."  I feel such compassion and love for ALL of God's children because I know what it is like to be as Lot's wife looking too much in the past, to be as Jonah wanting only to run away from his trials, to be as Laman and Lemuel murmuring because things were too hard, to be as Sariah doubting priesthood guidance, to be as the prodigal son straying from the path, to be as the prodigal son's brother jealous and feeling like things are unfair.  But I have felt, through the atonement of Jesus Christ, and through the gift of the Holy Ghost, such a joy that I cannot explain.  I feel an inner light that is so strong and so powerful that I want everyone around me to know how much I, and their Savior, and our Father in Heaven love them.  I want everyone to feel of this redeeming love, and to drink deeply of His everlasting joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment