Thursday, August 18, 2011

I am grateful for life.

In May, I had shots in my hips for bursitis.  On the way home from the appointment I began to feel extremely dizzy and weak, and then I started to have a hard time breathing.  I could barely keep my head up and I knew something from the shots was taking over my body ... and fast.  I am amazed I could drive in my condition, but I kept on praying that Heavenly Father would bless me to make it home safely.  I stumbled into the house and awkwardly ran down the hall and collapsed onto my bedroom floor.  I was struggling for air and my heart was rapidly pounding in my chest.  I was able to muster enough energy to call out to my husband and desperately inform him that I needed a blessing.  As I was about to take what felt like my last breath, my husband finished the blessing of healing and immediately I stopped gasping for air and my breathing became more normal.  I still had a hard time swallowing and my body was weak, but I knew I was going to recover.  My husband called the Dr. and he said that I must have had a systemic reaction to the lidocaine or steroid.

So after having this experience I asked myself what the Lord would have me learn from this?  This is what I came up with:

I learned, WITHOUT A DOUBT, that the priesthood power is real.  The power to heal is real, and that I am so grateful for that power and authority in my home.  I can't imagine what would have happened if my husband hadn't been there to give me a blessing ... I guess we will never know, but I like what it says in the Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom:

"There are no 'if's' in God's world. And no places that 
are safer than other places. 
The center of His will is our only safety - let us pray 
that we may always know it!"

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment