Friday, August 19, 2011

I am grateful for our last week to sleep in!

It has been a glorious summer and I hate to see it end!  Here are the highlights:

Enjoying slurpees, ice cream sandwiches and buttery air popped popcorn.

Watching The Cosby Show with the kids.

Late night tennis and bike riding at the park.
(My fourth son learned how to ride his bike in less than one minute)

A wonderful trip to visit my amazing Canadian family, and watch my brother's plays.
(He has the most beautiful voice!)

A trip to California with my sister to cure my CCSVI ... AND have some fun too!
(Just in case you are wondering, I am doing great!  I still have nerve issues in my legs and some tremors that come and go, but overall my energy and memory problems are greatly improved.  I continue to rejoice in the small improvements, and ultimately I find great hope, relief and joy by turning to my Savior.  Thank you everyone for your support, especially thank you to my husband and my kids because they have had to bear the brunt of my condition and they have never once complained or got impatient with me!
I am a blessed woman.)

Sending the boys on Scout/Cub camps, and rejoicing in leaders who help my boys progress.

Dinner around the table every night at 6:00 p.m.  
(It made such a difference)

Neighborhood night games for the kids.

Front row tickets to Josh Groban.
(My husband and I celebrate our 15 year anniversary on August 24th, and this concert was our gift to each other.)

Playing Scattergories, Clue and Masterpiece.
(Our boys are learning how to handle defeat, 
IT IS A MIRACLE!)

and

The Classic Fun Center every week.
(Blast Zone, roller skating, swimming, bouncy house, jungle and dollar pizza ...
also known as a kid's paradise.) 
OHHH ...  WE WILL MISS YOU SUMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment