Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I am grateful for inspired books.

I was sitting alone in my parent's bedroom when I learned that my high school friend had died, and I instantly melted into a puddle of tears.  I was red and puffy eyed within minutes.  I kept on trying to gain control of my emotions because I knew eventually I would have to leave the room.  So, I said a prayer asking the Lord for comfort and control.  After the prayer, I looked around the room and my eyes gravitated to a small book on my mother's book shelf.  It was hardly noticeable, hidden under a stack of several books, but I knew I was supposed to pick it up and read it.  So, that is what I did.  After reading a few pages my entire soul was filled with peace, happiness and joy, and I was able to wipe the tears away and walk confidently out of the room because I knew my friend would want it no other way.

You may be asking what was the name of this miraculous book?  The answer is:


"How To Be Miserable" 
by John Bytheway  

No comments:

Post a Comment