Friday, January 27, 2012

I am grateful for weekly discussions with my sister.

Over a year ago, my older sister and I were chatting on the phone and we were sharing our thoughts concerning inspirational programs we had listened to on mormonchannel.org.  We just couldn't believe how much these programs were impacting our lives for good and we didn't want it to stop.  So we decided that it would be fun to study particular talks, lessons or programs together, and then weekly share what personal insights we had discovered and applied to our lives.

After a year of doing this, I cannot accurately express to you how much these weekly conversations with my sister have become a highlight to my week and a spiritually uplifting treasure in my life.  My sister is a remarkable person and wise beyond her years, and I love to hear her thoughts and opinions on life's difficult subjects.  I am grateful for the price she has paid to know God, and for her strong desire to be good and serve those around her.  Her faithful example in my life has been monumental, and it is my prayer that my sister and I will carry on this weekly tradition well into our aging years.

No comments:

Post a Comment