Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I am grateful for Pack meetings.


A few weeks ago, we went to a long term care facility for our pack meeting.  Our goal was to cultivate within our cubs more compassion and empathy for their fellowmen, and gratitude for their abilities.  During this activity we invited our cubs to visit with and read to the younger patients, and it was humbling and beautiful to watch this service take place.  I kept wondering to myself, "Who really is receiving the service, us or them?" 

While we were there, we met a boy who was unable to move and would tremor frequently.   Despite his physical limitations, he lit the room with his brilliant smile and jolly spirit (he even broke out in singing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" for us).  I observed that this boy was physically limited, but not spiritually.  He was thoughtful, extremely intelligent and wise.  At the end of our visit, he stated in a slow measured voice, "It is proven that you heal faster when you have a good attitude."  I sat there in awe!  His words were profound and sank deep within my heart, and I said a prayer thanking my Heavenly Father for allowing us to come in contact with such amazing souls. 

1 comment: