Friday, March 30, 2012

I am grateful for simple yummy recipes.



My friend had a baby last week, so I decided to bring her dinner.  The problem was that I looked in my fridge and the only thing I could find were some frozen chicken breasts.  So I leafed through my plethora of recipe books to find a simple chicken recipe with the least amount of ingredients.  And low and behold I found this:

Shredded BBQ Chicken  Sandwiches
1 (4 pound) bag frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (16 ounce) bottle BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce)
1 cup water
2 dozen hamburger buns

Place frozen chicken breasts in crock pot.  Pour barbecue sauce and water over top and cook for 5 hours on high heat.  Before serving, shred chicken with two forks to pull it apart and mix in sauce well.  Spoon onto buns or rolls.


This meal was a hit!  It was quick, easy and fed a ton of people.  I served it with carrots and dip, potato chips, and a fruit salad made up of pineapples and strawberries.  HEAVEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment