Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I am grateful for my little girl's comment.

My oldest boy came home from school with a large poster displaying beautiful art he had created. He placed it onto our kitchen table, and then left the room. My littlest boy crept up to the kitchen table and proceeded to tear the poster apart. I ran to save the poster, at the same time shouting at my oldest that he better get into the kitchen and save his project before it was ruined. Let's just say that my tone was neither kind nor patient. My little girl heard me, actually I'm surprised the neighbors didn't hear me, and she skipped into the room and in the most gentle tone said, "When I am a mom, I will never talk like that." I was humbled. Her words reminded me of Sister Beck's recent talk where she said, "Mothers can feel help from the Spirit even when tired, noisy children are clamoring for attention, but they can be distanced from the Spirit if they lose their temper with children." I have a lot to learn in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment