Monday, July 18, 2011

I am grateful for the promptings to read my "junk mail."

This Wednesday as I flipped through my mail and sorted the bills from the junk I had a prompting that I should actually read through a Shriner's hospital newsletter/donation pamphlet instead of throwing it away.  So I sat down and proceeded to read it's contents, and within moments I found myself inspired and humbled by Dan Caro's amazing story of tragedy, survival and triumph. (You can go to http://dancaro.com/ to learn more)

What impressed me the most was his attitude. 

He says:

"I don't look at anything as negative. 
It's fun and exciting to work through anything. 
I wouldn't trade a second of my life. 
I was designed to experience and share joy."


 I am grateful that the Lord reminds me often through his wonderful servants on earth that happiness comes within and that it is not at all dependant on our surroundings or condition.  Happiness is indeed a choice, and life is a gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment