Friday, July 15, 2011

I am grateful for sleepless nights.

I haven't been sleeping well lately, which is a combination of a lot of things.  At first I viewed these restless twilight hours with frustration and even desperation, but now they have turned into the most beautiful quiet time I have to reflect on our Savior's great love and mercy.  I have been reading Jacob's teachings in 2 Nephi, and I can't get over how much our Savior loves us.  How He overcame physical and spiritual death by living a perfect life, by suffering in the garden of Gethsemane, and by allowing men to crucify Him ... all for us.  I am humbled and overwhelmed with gratitude for the sermons He gave, the love that He shared, the forgiveness that He bestowed, and the miracles that He performed and still performs to this day.  I am grateful for the Spirit that testifies to me, in the middle of the night, that our Savior is real and that His redeeming love is for all who come unto Him, and that "His hand is stretched out still."

No comments:

Post a Comment